Ta-daaaa! I present you my first crazy nail art! I usually go for classic red, dark purple or nude, but in the past few months I've started painting my nails so many different colors that I can't even remember them all! While I was trying to decide between pink and purple and possibly a combination of the two on Sunday, I went out for tea with a friend of mine and she ended up doing my nails like this. How cool is that? You guys already know the artist, my friend Laura who also designed my master thesis covers. Thanks a lot Laura!
The pattern may seem complicated but it's actually very easy to do. This is how we did it:
1. Put on a transparent base coat.
2. Put on the black nail polish.
3. Draw a grey line on the tips of your nails (as thick as you want the model to be in the end).
4. Start drawing dots on the grey line with different colors of nail polish until you use up all the space (to get these small dots easier than with the brush, we used the blunt side of a pin).
5. Put on a second transparent coat to fix the colors.
I felt inspired by my nails today, so I wore a black and cream striped sweater and a pair of flats that I bought in The Hague a few years ago. They reminded me of my nails!
How about you? Do you have a standard go-to color when you paint your nails or do you like experimenting a lot with patterns and colors? I'm starting to like both!